Updated: Jun 15
It is perfectly normal to be able to see pores on oneself. But a person’s pores may be more or less noticeable depending on skin type. Enlarged pores can be seen at all ages and in all ethnic groups. Pores often appear larger with age.
The primary causes of enlarged pores are:
1. Excessive sebum; When a person’s sebaceous gland produces a lot of sebum and have oily skin.
2. Decreased elasticity around the pore; When skin becomes less supple, pores will appear enlarged.
3. Increased hair follicle volume; When pores at the end of hair follicles become clogged.
It is common to notice increasing enlarged pores, at times with skin scarring, with persistent self extraction, especially when using skin extraction tool, due to improper use.
How to reduce pore size?
There are some treatments that may help to improve this condition.
1. Avoiding skincare that induce blackheads and whiteheads
2. Adding exfoliating skincare into daily skincare regime
3. Prescription creams; Always consult Doctors prior to treatment
4. Chemical peel
5. Injection treatment
6. Laser & Light Treatment such as Pico Laser, CO2 Laser
At Dr Jane Clinic, we use multiple different treatment choices to target each individual enlarged pores. Treatments such as Discovery Pico Laser, CO2 Laser give great result. Contact us to find out more.